Tuesday, June 22, 2004

So we ate here, Fogo de chao, last night. It was fun. The other place we ate at the night before was The Magic Time Machine. They made me wear a balloon hat all night and sang to me. The Toothfairy was our waitress. She threw like 200 cocktail napkins on the table for my "party decorations." We also ate the Roman Orgy. Waldo (of Where's Waldo), Aladdin, Buckwheat, and Toothfairy brought it out on huge platters singing and feed each of us grapes. We had to bite off a bunch of grapes. The same bunch. Kinda gross, but we all did it.

Anyway, it was a nice birthday. I did more for it this year than in the last few years. Vic also got me a Baskin Robins cake and we had that after Fogo last night. Tasty.

SO today I tried Coca-Cola C2. I liked it. Didn't think I would, but I did. I used to drink diet coke back in my diet days and I liked it. But then I quit, and then I learned about the weird chemicals in it, but sometimes I still get a hankerin so I drink one. Usually with Jamey, she is the DC queen. But once I realized that all of the gums I like have the same weird chemicals in them, I got over that. So today I got a C2. Honestly, I couldn't tell the difference. Once it got a little warmer I could sort of taste the DC after taste, but still on the whole a good product. I only bought one bottle of it, but I would buy a 12 pack if I were going to buy coke...but I don't buy it for the house anymore, so I won't. But if I did, I would. Get it?

Also, today I broke my record. At the grocery store I have a personal competition going on to see how much I can save. My previous record was $44.55. Today, I blew it out of the water!!!

I saved: $127.44. That breaks down to 39.93 in clipped newspaper coupons and a whopping 87.51 in Kroger Plus Buys. Of course, even with all this we spent about 300 bucks...but we got a shit ton. Like more than one basket full. Like I hadn't been to the store in over a month baskets full. It was so fun.

I also went to Sally's and got two new polish colors, new top & bottom coats, and nail strengthener stuff. We got stuff to wax Vic's brows too. He is starting to look like a Persian rug dealer again and since his sister gave him her old professional wax melter thing, we broke down and bought all the crap for me to do it for him rather than going to the salon. It will be interesting. I've never waxed anything on anyone before. Unless you count when Misti and I got Nads in Lubbock and we got in our swimsuits and attempted to wax each other. That was a fun afternoon. Landon let us Nads his nose, but other than that...it didn't work too well.

Anyway, tonight we are going to see the Terminal. I'm not too excited about it. I know I'm the only person on earth that feels this way, but I hate Tom Hanks movies. I like two: Big and The Burbs. Neither made in the last like 15 years. Haven't liked one since. But Vic and Will wanta go, so I'm going.

Count down to the dreaded Lubbock trip: 3 days.



No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive