Sunday, June 06, 2004

I have comments! Someone please comment!

We are about to blow away. Tonight we've been under a tornado WARNING and it's been raining forever. The little town on the other side of Denton from us, Krum, reported 4.5 inches of rain in 1.5 hours. I had the cats already in the bathroom just in case we had to herd the poodles in there too to take cover. And in the middle of it, once they got rid of the tornado warning and it just went to flash flood watch...William wanted to go get wings. So I took him to WingStop, but on the way home he was saying "Maybe this was a mistake..." He's obviously from the desert.

We aren't leaving until Tuesday. We just have too much to do to leave tomorrow and with me staying until Sunday...I wanted to wait another day to leave.

I did have an exciting day today. Mandy called a little after noon and asked if I'd ride with her to the "landfill." I foolishly agreed. Seems her parents freezer lost power and they didn't know it so 200$ of new cow and all the salmon they brought back from Alaska...melted? Well, it was damn nasty. And the landfill didn't smell any better. We saw a dead skunk on the way there and I wanted her to stop and pick it up to use as air freshener! After she put on rubber gloves and slung the trash bags into the dumpsters we had to go wash out the sludge that was still in the back. The smell was STILL there. She poured bleach in the back. If that doesn't get it out they are really gona have to get rid of that truck. It's that nasty. She's still here though, can't get home cause of the storms. They are headed to her house so she would be driving right into them. I keep telling her to just stay, but she's whining about having to get up early to get home (Dallas) and get back to work (Carrollton) all before 8 am. Big Baby.

Ok, I'm off to watch the Soprano's. It's the season finally. I hope someone gets wacked!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive