Friday, March 29, 2002

Bob and Kay came and went. It was a nice visit. The lights/ceiling fans were all wrong in the house, so that was mostly what we dealt with...but things seem to be straight now. My pineapple light in the kitchen is divine, absolutely divine.

I have 20% off of everything in Albertson's and it ends today, but I just realized that so I must go there before I loose that bargain. Not to mention that we have _no_ food. We are out of everything you can think of, including trash bags, laundry detergent, coke, and butter. I don't like butter, but you can't cook anything without it, so it's a major necessity.

On a different note, I went to the post office today and there was a HUGE sign on the door that said "NO DOGS, except seeing eye dogs." Ok, first question: Did the post office really have that much trouble that they needed a no dog sign? I mean, the door doesn't say "NO SMOKING" and that seems like it would be a bigger issue. The second question: If they have a seeing eye dog, how are they going to know if they can take it in there or not. They can't see. I'm assuming that someone would have driven them to the post office, because I hope they are not driving alone, and dogs can't drive (just ask Tunces the driving cat); so someone should be with them. But does there really need to be a sign? It just seemed a little ridiculous. Aren’t seeing eye dogs allowed EVERYWHERE? It seems like it might be a form of discrimination if they weren’t, not against the dog, but the blind person.

I probably wouldn't have thought much about it but I was just taking Vic and he was in there for like 20 minutes and people kept pulling up, going in, coming out and leaving...but no Vic. Not real sure what he did in there, but it gave me adequate time to contemplate the NO DOG sign.

It may just be one of those silly things like Braille on the drive through ATM machines. But in any case, I'm off to Albertson's. Gotta bring home the bacon, I mean, butter.

Hoppy Good Friday, may you bite the head off at least one chocolate bunny this weekend.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive