Wednesday, March 27, 2002

My dad's been mad at me for a few weeks now. No one really knows for sure why, he just gets annoyed with life and picks a person to take it out on. It's not like he's actually told me, he's just been complaining about my mere existence to my mother. Everything from my having tattoo's (he's been mad about that since I was 17) to the fact that I'm not listening to him on how to spend MY money. I think that is what it really comes down to though, he's having a *really* hard time dealing with my being a grown up. Something I think parents should realize: children listen to all of what their parents have to say, but that doesn't mean that we do it. But we do hear it. My point is that I've been trying to get him to come to Dallas to look at some house stuff. He's been telling me yes, then no, and then he doesn't know. He told Mandy that he wouldn't be here for another month, that was last SUNDAY (3 days ago!)

Anyway, yesterday when I was once again talking to him and he was giving me yes/no answers without any elaboration, I noticed that he did seem to talk a tad more. So I mad a comment to my mom that he must be getting over it.

I just talked to him, and he told me he might be coming today, but if not, it would be Saturday.

I mean, really. IS there really a need to be so silly? If I did this he would be yellin' arguin' mad. He lives 6 hours away, and he's just up and coming either today or Saturday when I've been saying for weeks "Just please come Easter weekend?!" It's Easter weekend.

Will Smith (back when he was the Fresh Prince, of course) was on the right track when he informed the world that "Parents just don't Understand" but he should have continued forth to "Parents are very odd and should be handled with great care."

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive