Sunday, March 31, 2002

Imagine my surprise when I awoke to a 2 foot pink bunny hovering over my head. I was a tad startled, and actually thought that I was either dreaming or hallucinating; but I wasn't. Vic got me the giant bunny, a chocolate bunny, lots of Cadbury eggs (my favorite things on earth), and krispy kreme donuts for breakfast. As I thanked him, I jokingly said "What's gotten into you?!" He said "You." AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. How sugary, syrupy, sweet. And just when I think I got him figured out....

I spent my day yesterday with Kim (Sims) and Bryan Bell. We were looking for a "glider." I am going to have a lot to learn when/if I ever get pregnant. I had no idea that a "glider" is a staple in a baby's room. She "needs" it to nurse Miss Avery. She's due on the national holiday of My Birthday, June 20th. But she insisted that she have the chair YESTERDAY. The one she wanted was not in stock, but it should be next weekend when they are back through Dallas. Hell NO. We went to two stores, and she eventually wavered from what she originally wanted just so that she could take it home yesterday. When she called last night she had set it up in Avery's room and I don't think she's completely happy with it. The one she actually bought was my favorite and the one Bryan thought the most comfortable. But it was not green. Green is the accent color of the tulips she is decorating with.

Yesterday I developed a new compassion for expecting fathers. Poor, poor Bryan. Besides all the traditional reasons that it's hard to be a single mother, I found a new reason. If you don't have a husband to put up with you, then you just might be a lonely person. It's hard to be around expecting mother's unless you love them dearly. It's a good thing Kim is so easy to love, she went into this with lots and lots of people on her side. Seems being prego often makes moms irritable. Like I said, poor, poor Bryan.

Another note with that is that she looks beautiful. It's just so amazing that she is having a baby. She will be the most wonderful mother; I can't wait for Avery to be here!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive