Saturday, March 16, 2002

Hi-de-ho. Misti and Moe do this, so I think I should too. I like to bandwagon. I have never been good at remembering to do this kind of thing, but I shall try, try, try again. I do love to ramble, as Misti has also rambled about, so this should be a good place to do so.
I just went and bought a new purse. My last purse died a painfully, yet deliciously smelly, death. My Bath and Body Works glitter hand sanitizer exploded in it. And it was Juniper Breeze. Now, at one point in time that was a favorite of mine...but like many other things, it got real old, real quick. But I have this thing about throwing away unused portions of perfectly good product, so I continued to use it. Two days ago Vic and I got in the car and he wrinkled his nose and said "What's that fruity smell?" I ignored him and told him that I didn't smell anything, even though now that I think back, I think I did. Well, it was my purse. Sad, sad. SO, tonight I went to Dillards and found a The Sak purse on sale from $55 to $29. Party in my purse! They also had a little inside the purse baggy thing of the same brand that I had considered purchasing about 6 months ago, but at $32, I passed...today it was only $8.50. My new purse is LIME GREEN, and my inside dilly is BLACK & WHITE CHECKERS. I know, kick ass, right? Very spring-y.
Speaking of spring-y...I got some new make up tonight too. I hadn't had new eye shadow since I lived in Lubbock and I've been gone from there about 16 months! I was completely out of powder stuff & moisturizer, so those were necessities, and I was *almost* out of my favorite lip stick. So I got the necessities and new eye shadow, and new lip stick that is very similar to ol' faithful, but with a spring-y twist. I had received a Chanel invitation to come check out the new spring (-y) colors, but I personally am more of a pink person than a coral person, and Chanel went with corals this season...so I stuck with the standards.
I went to finalize the lights for my casa today, and I just love all that I chose. The entry way light was $2895, marked down to $299. It rocks. My bedroom ceiling fan is very feminine, and very me. But the gazonga of all the lights, is the kitchen light. It has a crystal PINAPPLE in the center of it. It really melts my butter. I've just had a good purchasing day. Not only with stuff that I love, but also kick ass sales. I wonder if I've just been really lucky, or if no one else has my taste so the things that I like are what are left over? Hummm, something to ponder. I know Misti's answer, and she's wrong.
I'm off to spend QPT (that's quality poodle time, for all of you poodleless souls). She's standing here with her star waiting for my attention. The weekends are our time together, since her Dad is at work. I told him today that Mother's Day is right around the corner and he is going to have to help her pick out a card and present, I'm sure he will. Ha ha.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive