Saturday, March 23, 2002

Yesterday Vic and I went to lunch (at Logan's...yummy, fried chicken salad w/ parmesan peppercorn dressing!) and then to the movies. We have already seen Ice Age (which is a true wonder, excellent film). There isn't anything else I wanted to see. He wanted to see We Were Soldiers and Time Machine. The lesser of the evils seemed to be Time Machine, it was rated PG-13.

It's cheezy. It's a goofy love story. It grossed me out. Who rates these movies? This movie was absolutely disgusting. Such as when the main dude falls into a pit of human remains and swims through it. It was scary too. These big ugly ape-monsters chase all the cliff dwellers around and then swallow them into the quick sand. I would not want my 13 year old child to see that, should I have one or some. I wouldn't even want my 14, 16, or 23 year old child to see it. I almost got up and left due to the creepy feeling I just couldn't shake. But instead, I took a 15 minute trip to the bathroom and lobby and returned to watch the last 10 minutes. Since I knew, being a love story would be calm and serene. Vic usually knows not to take me to movies like this, but he too was surprised by the extensive graphic nature of this PG-13 movie.

Have I gotten old or have movies really dropped their standards for what movies can be rated what? Besides the fact that I'm an adult and ageigrafically supposed to qualify for all rating categories. Some things I just don't want to have the visual image of, thank you very much. Good Day.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive