Tuesday, May 28, 2002

I ordered 175 invitations today. It made it so real. Like I had to figure out how to word things and all. When Vic and I were in Lubbock we went to this little paper store and found some that were pretty cool, you know, like us...hee hee. We had her hold them and picked out the font and whatnot, but today I gave her my credit card (well, Bob's credit card) information. It made me instantly nervous. Before today we could have backed out of the big wedding thing, or worse yet, the whole thing. But now if I called it off I would be like Julia Roberts, not that I've seen Run Away Bride, but I know what she does. It's a good thing that I'm sure I want to get married! I keep thinking that it's a traditional wedding, but it's so not. I'm thinking of having my bridesmaid's wear funky ruffle dresses or capri pants, dressy ones of course. You will see that too when you get the invitation. It's gold with rose paper over it. And I don't believe in etiquette. Who cares whose name goes first and that you are supposed to spell out Street. If you are getting an invitation, then come and be merry...who really analyzes the wording? And if you do, I can recommend a good counselor....

In other news, I'm at work. My brother and Vic and Garry (Vic's friend) are at the baseball game. Mandy is at a study group for her final tomorrow. Now, it's a hard race...but I am so glad that I'm chilling alone at the domestic violence outreach office. I mean baseball, study group, or work....no contest here. They were worrying that it was going to rain, but it didn't. Maybe I will be in bed when they return so that I don't have to hear about who stole third or who got struck out.

Did yall know that laptops use 90% less energy than desktops? That's according to the April issue of Real Simple magazine. That's a lot less energy! We could probably light all of Zimbabwe or something if we would all just use laptops! Too bad I had them, but a nice idea none-the-less!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive