Wednesday, May 22, 2002

I so agree. Not speaking the country's designated language is not racist in the least. Way back when this country was founded, the English chose English as our national language. People should speak it to live here. To benefit from its wealth (i.e. welfare, healthcare, etc.) they should be able to describe to me why they need assistance in the language that my forefathers established.

Should they still speak Spanish, French, German, Canadian, etc? Sure, that is their heritage. They should keep it, it's a treasure to know and it's beneficial when traveling. It should be treated as a novelty to have the knowledge of a second language, not a necessity.

Can I just tell you have helpless I feel when I answer the crisis line and I hear frantic, tear stricken Spanish words? My heart just drops. My "un momento por favor" is not the most audible, and many times they hang up before I can get a Spanish speaking employee. And I won't even go into the Koran lady that was hysterical last week. We don't have any Koran speaking employees.

Speaking of work...the government cut the grant that paid for my position. SO, I am getting a new title. I will find out what it is tomorrow at one of my 2 hour meetings. But I will be funded by the other money, rather than the old money. I also have to work a full 28 hours and there is a possibility that I *could* go to full time. At least my position will. Should be an eventful day. I worked from 8 am to noon, then from 5 pm to 9pm. TOMORROW! I'm working from 8 am to 9 pm.

Holy abused women batman, I'm gona be a tired gr8 tomorrow!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive