Saturday, April 13, 2002

Bob and Kay are back. They left Hobbs at like 4 am and they are almost here and I just rolled out of bed. Morning people kill me. I try and try to be one, and I just can't. There is nothing like the stillness of the night. Even indoors you can feel that most people are in bed and that you really should be too. It's almost like a little rebellious thrill to refuse to give into your body and sleep. I am, however, very thankful that I am no longer one of those that closes her peepers and cannot sleep. Insomnia is a horrible disease. I know it's not really a "disease" physically, but it does plague one's mind, so I can call it a disease.

I hadn't done laundry in about one million years. This past week I have been wearing all of those things that I like to keep, but are really not worn anymore. I mean, they don't have holes or stains. They have just been in my closet the better part of a decade and are really very tired. I get attached to things, but I'm especially bad with clothes and shoes. I find favorites and keep them forever. Those are the things that I wore this week. The old things that really need to be dismissed from my closet, but I can not bear to see them go because of the fond memories attached to them. Most of which (this is the twisted part) are just fond memories of especially grand shopping days. "OH! I love this, I bought it in Las Vegas the summer I turned 21. I've never worn it, but someday!" Wearable souvenirs are hard to part with.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive