Friday, April 19, 2002

So yeah, it's Friday night. Am I out on the town? Nope. I'm at work. Why, you ask? Because I have not one single thing better to do. I did all of my initial contact letters, all of my completion letters, and my monthly master log is completely up to date. I even called someone. She and I have been conversating for about 10 days now. She really needs some help, not necessarily because of her marital situation; but because she is mentally ill. She is being treated, but she doesn't understand her disorder AT ALL. I feel really sorry for her. Anyway, tonight there was a voice mail from her saying that her husband had been physically abusive and that she is filing for a protective order and a divorce. That means that he'll be kicked out of our program. I love being the first to know. I'm happy for her because maybe once she is out of the abusive relationship she can really focus on herself. The crazy thing about it all is that her husband is a big ol' powerful man in the community. Actually wouldn't surprise me if he lost his job because of her filing a PO. Fair? Maybe not. Fair that he beats her ass? Definitely not.

SO Vic is sick. He has a cold. I hate him being so far away calling me and sounding so pitiful. He wasn't feeling too bueno when he left, but I thought that he would continue taking the cold meds and get better. Nope, he continued taking them, but is not better. When I talked to him at 6:30 he hadn't eaten and he hadn't gotten anymore meds. I sent him to the Lone Star Oyster Bar so that Landon could keep him company and feed him and then to Walgreens for some theraflu and nose spray. We'll just see how that goes. I'll call him AND Landon to check later :). I'm going home. Nighty night.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive