Thursday, April 04, 2002

I sat through 3 hours of "Stereotypes" today. My diversity class did an assignment last week in which the prof had everyone write down stereotypes about other races and gay/lesbians. But you couldn't write them about whatever you are (meaning, I can't write about white people).

Seems non-white people think white people stink when we are wet. I know, I know. Sounds crazy. But that is one of their stereotypes about us. They think we smell like "pee, bologna, or dogs" when we are wet. I think many of the white people were shocked and amazed, I know Vic and I were, and the class didn't really elaborate...but I couldn't stop laughing. I have never in my life heard that. Most of the rest of them seemed semily reasonable (rich, powerful, mean, arrogant); but I mean really! I think to say we smell like any of the said things just because of a little water is crazy. I think? Do I stink when wet? Someone let me know if I do.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive