Saturday, April 06, 2002

I learned a disturbing fact yesterday. It seems that Dr. Pepper has something in it that causes anxiety. Other soft drinks do not have it; it's my beloved DP alone. And seeing that I am a person that tends to suffer from mild anxiety, I should probably give it up.

I've always joked that it was my #1 addiction. I had also always joked that I was going to drink as much as I could before I had to give it up when I ended up diabetic like my Dad. Never in one million years did I imagine that it would be now, at 23 years and 10 months that I had to give it up.

Is there help for someone like me? I should know, it is what I want to do with the rest of my life. But I think a rehab center would be a little intense, not to mention that the heroine/cocaine addictions might be a little bitter. You see, my DP addiction is a hard one to understand. It is a combination of physical, mental, and convenience. The physical is the caffeine, but that can be gotten with a coke or mountain dew (another of my favs). The mental is similar to that addiction of the pot head, they just really really like it and *think* they need it. The convenience factor comes from restaurants, movie theaters, etc. I rarely know if it's a coke or pepsi place, but regardless, they typically have DP. I hate pepsi, and there are those sneaky places that when you order a coke; they bring you a pepsi. BUT, if you just go around ordering DP, that problem is avoided. With the exception of the addition of "Mr. Pib," which is a repugnant substance; but I digress.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive