Tuesday, April 23, 2002

So this afternoon I was lounging around, buggin Vic to get up and goin so we could go buy boxes and start packing. The phone rings and caller ID says "out of area," which is typically my mother. I answer. It's work saying there is a rape victim at the hospital closest to my house, which is quite aways from the actual agency, and could I go. Now, last semester I took the Sexual Assault Advocacy Training classes, but I never did the exit interview. But now that I'm an employee, I am on back-up sometimes. So when the first in line volunteer person is either not reached or can't go, they call the employee on call to go take care of it. Today was the first day of my week to be on call. Which I had forgotten. Which, even if I had remembered it was my turn this week, I didn't think that I'd ever be called. So when I was just chillin, unshowered and all, and they called today...I freaked out. I was so nervous all the way to the hospital (I took a fast shower, btw)! So I called work and talked to this lady that I was in the SAAT class with who is now also an employee. She had taken some SAAT calls and she calmed me down, by the time I got there I was all good...but they time I was in there with the 19 year old girl and her mother--I was an expert. Oh yeah, I rocked. I new my stuff and had answers to all the questions. It's amazing how it all works like that. I hope that I was as much help as I feel like I was, but I guess that's something I will never know. In any case, I handled my first same day, very intense rape today and sailed through it with flying colors. I'd like to throw that in the face of a particular creep in OK. Rat bastard can't keep me down...this fat chick totally rules.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive